If you have an interest in horses, are looking for a new home for you and your horse or just want a fun family day, join us at Saddle Ridge Riding Center for our Open House. We are always open to the public, but will be taking a special day to introduce you to the facilities and our barn family and offering fun events and refreshments.
Our Special Guests for the Open House will be Mylestone Equine rescue!!
Mylestone Equine Rescue (M.E.R.) is dedicated to abused and neglected horses. M.E.R. works to educate the general public about these unspeakable sufferings and promotes the plight of unwanted horses. Thier goal is to place these once magnificent creatures in homes that will give them the true love and care they deserve. If suitable homes are not found, M.E.R. will be a permanent home for these horses.
Please check their website to learn more about this wonderful non-profit and for a list of rehabilitated and adoptable horses!
- Free clinics and demonstrations offered by our SRRC friends:
- Dr. Michael C. Aromando and Dr. Kimberly M. Guyer, of Town and Country Veterinary Service, offering Equine First Aid, teeth maintenance and how to age a horse.
- SRRC Trainer and Professional Horse show Braider, Robin Gregerson, offering a horse show braiding clinic
- A Blacksmith shoeing demonstration.
- Equine and Canine Masseuse, Jackie Torres, will be giving a demonstration on massage and tension release on one of our SRRC horses. Massages are not only great for a horses health and keeping them happy and healthy but can also be helpful for a horse that has arthritis, and or working or showing!
- Purchase tack and supplies onsite from Ramapo Saddlery
- Professional photographer Rachel Katic will be onsite to take pictures of you or your family with our horses.
- Guided tours of the facility
- Pony Rides
- Pony rides will be available for children ages 3-10 who are under 4' 6" and less than 100 lbs.
- Meet and Greet our Trainers
- Complimentary Horsemanship and Barn Management classes
- Open House Horse Show!!!! 3p.m.—4p.m
- Normally a horse show is an all day event, but not for our Open House! Our fantastic students and trainers (who are also award winning competitors) are going to give shortened demonstrations of classes that you would normally see in a horse show. We will have students of all ages and riding levels. We will also have a running commentary during the demos, explaining exactly what is taking place and what a judge would be looking for in each class.
- Schedule your next trail ride or purchase discounted lesson packages; the discount will be available to new and current students!
Please check back soon for a full schedule of activities!